Warm weather is here and, with it, more opportunities for socializing. It’s a great time to take advantage of our limited-time offer for an in-office teeth whitening treatment for just $199. Your teeth will get several shades whiter in about an hour. For an even better deal, you can bundle it with your regular cleaning appointment for just $149. You’ll look great!
You’ll want to maintain that white appearance as long as possible. So we have some tips to keep your smile brighter:
- Stop Smoking – Few things stain worse than nicotine. It makes you teeth look yellow. Over time, they can turn brown. We know it’s tough to quit smoking, but it’s the best thing for your teeth – and the rest of your mouth too. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, smokers are twice as likely as non-smokers to get gum disease.
- Avoid Staining Substances – Limit your consumption of foods and drinks that can stain teeth. Unfortunately, this is a long list that includes coffee, soda, red wine, tomato sauces, berries, and more. If you can, use a straw when sipping staining drinks to minimize their contact with teeth. If you can’t brush afterward, then rinse your mouth out with water.
- Don’t Skip Professional Cleanings – We remove surface stains from your teeth during your cleanings, as well as plaque and bacteria that make teeth more prone to discoloration. See us every six months to keep your smile looking its best.
- Change How You Brush – If you are brushing vigorously because you think that’s the best way to keep your teeth white, stop. Brushing too hard can damage your enamel. It may cause the dentin inside your teeth to become more visible, giving your smile a yellowish appearance. Brush gently using a soft-bristled toothbrush. Consider using an electric toothbrush, which applies more even pressure. Some electric brushes even have special settings for whitening.
- Try a Whitening Toothpaste – There are lots of whitening toothpastes on the market. We’re happy to recommend one for you. Just ask at your appointment. Or try this homemade whitening formula: mix a bit of hydrogen peroxide with baking soda until you get a paste. Brush for two minutes, then leave on teeth for a few more minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Baking soda is abrasive, so make sure you don’t brush too hard and don’t use the paste more than once a week.
- Consume More Water – Water is great for rinsing away staining substances. Make sure you drink plenty of it. And eat fresh fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots, and celery. They contain plenty of water, along with fiber which also helps clean your teeth. They’re almost like natural toothbrushes!
Visit McRae Family Dental online or schedule an appointment by calling one of our offices:
Ask about our teeth whitening special!