We’re in the thick of fall and winter sports. If you’ve got young athletes in the family, they are probably busy with games and practices. There’s a good chance they are wearing mouthguards to keep their smiles safe. But their mouths aren’t protected as well as they could be if their guards came from a store. A custom mouthguard is better for them.
We can fit your children for custom-made mouthguards. Call us today at the Athens location that is most convenient for you. In the meantime, see our reasons why you should get their mouthguards from us instead of from a store:
- Superior Fit – Your child’s mouthguard will fit as if it was made for them – because it is! Their mouthguard will be created using dental impressions. So it will stay securely in their mouth and allow them to breathe more easily. With a comfortable fit, they will be less likely to “forget” it and leave it on the sidelines. The guard will also be less likely to get knocked out of place during the action.
- Hassle-Free Experience – If you’ve had store-bought mouthguards, you’re probably familiar with the often frustrating “boil-and-bite” process for adjusting the fit. This has to be done before the first wearing. A custom mouthguard fits perfectly right away.
- Ability to Accommodate Orthodontia – If your child has braces or other orthodontia, our dentists can make sure their teeth and their orthodontia are safe. Given the cost of orthodontic treatment, you obviously want to protect your investment.
- Satisfy High Standards – The American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) have created standards for Athletic Mouth Protectors and Materials. While our mouthguards meet these standards, most store-bought gear does not.
- Our Dental Expertise – Our team will ensure your child has the right level of protection for their sport.
In addition to sports mouthguards, we can provide custom-made mouthguards that you wear at night to prevent jaw clenching and teeth grinding. These behaviors can cause dental damage, jaw pain, and TMJ troubles. Like the athletic mouthguard, you’ll get superior performance from an appliance that’s made just for you using dental impressions.
Visit McRae Family Dental online or schedule an appointment by calling one of our offices:
- Baxter Street – 706-480-9410
- Trail Creek – 706-430-3191
- Epps Bridge – 706-430-3102