If you’re an adult who wants to straighten your crooked teeth, you are probably put off by the idea of having a mouth full of bulky metal braces. We don’t blame you! That kind of hardware can really make you self conscious. Fortunately, you have a great alternative in orthodontic aligners.
At our Athens, GA practice, we offer two popular brands of aligners, Invisalign and ClearCorrect. We’ll help you determine which one best suits your situation. Call us today at one of our three convenient locations to schedule a consultation. At our Baxter Creek location, we offer appointments as early as 7 a.m. and Saturday hours by appointment.
In the meantime, check out some of the benefits of treatment with aligners:
- Blend into Your Smile – It’s hard to miss metal braces. But orthodontic aligners are made of a clear plastic that blends easily into your smile. They are so discreet that most people probably won’t even notice them.
- Metal-free Comfort – There are no brackets and wires to rub against your gums and mouth. So you’ll find treatment with clear aligners more comfortable than wearing braces. Plus, there won’t be any uncomfortable “adjustments” where your dentist tightens wires.
- No Need for Dietary Changes – Eating many kinds of food can be a real chore in braces. You risk foods getting stuck in the wires or even damaging them. You can pop out your aligners for meals, so you can eat whatever you want without worry.
- Easy Oral Hygiene – Removable aligners also make it a snap to brush and floss your teeth.
- Works Faster Than Braces – Both Invisalign and ClearCorrect typically work in less time than braces. Most adult patients complete their orthodontic treatment with them within 12 months.
Want to see if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners? Visit McRae Family Dental online or schedule an appointment by calling one of our offices:
- Baxter Street – 706-480-9410
- Trail Creek – 706-430-3191
- Epps Bridge – 706-430-3102