There are many reasons for dental pain. Fortunately our dentists have many ways to solve the problems causing your discomfort. The main thing is to see us before your problems get worse. The longer you wait, the more complicated and costly your treatment becomes.
Here are a few common reasons for pain and the solutions that can provide relief:
- Cavities – If it hurts when you bite down or your tooth is sensitive to heat and cold, you may have a cavity. It’s important to seek attention ASAP. While small cavities are simple to repair with a filling, larger cavities will require a crown. If the decay gets inside your tooth and infects the pulp, you will need a root canal procedure.
- Infected Gums – Gums that feel tender may signal you have gum disease. Other symptoms include gums that bleed when you brush and gums that appear red and swollen. We will remove the bacteria that causes the infection with a deep-cleaning treatment, laser treatment, and/or antibiotics. Your gums will look and feel good again.
- Teeth Grinding – If your teeth and your jaw hurt, the discomfort may be due to teeth grinding. Many people aren’t even aware they have this habit, because it often happens overnight. We can fit you for a custom-made mouthguard that will stop the grinding and relieve the pain. It also prevents chips, cracks, and other grinding-related damage.
If you’re in pain, call us at the Athens, GA location most convenient to you. Our dentists will identify the underlying cause and get you the help that you need.
Visit McRae Family Dental online or schedule an appointment by calling one of our offices:
- Baxter Street – 706-480-9410
- Trail Creek – 706-430-3191
- Epps Bridge – 706-430-3102